Kasen and I were in Lowes today picking up some tulip bulbs for our flower bed. We were standing in the check out line to buy them. There was an old gentlemen in front of us checking out. When he got his wallet out to pay for his items, he reached over with a $1.00 bill in hand and gave it to Kasen. I was caught off guard for a minute, thinking who does this? This day and age no one does this. I thanked him and he said that we all need to be willing to give more to one another. He said who knows I may die tomorrow and this dollar bill will have no worth to me. This experience has really made me think that life is too short. We need to live it like it is our last.
Also, I was cutting a friends hair this morning and she brought me a book to borrow. I started to read a chapter "Living in the NOW". I don't know about you but I am always thinking about the future. When I was in middle school I couldn't wait to be in high school. When I was in high school I couln't wait to graduate and leave home and get married. We are seldom, if ever, able to be satisfied and content with the things that are happening in the here and now. I am really going to work hard on living in the NOW!!!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
That is so true sweetie! Life's challenge is to really be content with the things we have right NOW and stop wishing for the future. BTW... happy belated bday! ;P love ya!
- Trisha
What a good reminder. Thanks!
This goes so well with your quote in your sidebar by Sister Hinckley. It's easy to get caught up in the future and the life you want to have. Often times I've missed the past thinking of loved ones who have passed away, my babies when they were babies, and other memories. I too need to live more in the now and be thankful for the life I am living in. Present is the only time you can control and make the best of.
Wisdom comes with age... huh, and I think that we are suppose to learn from others and what better example than that. We could all die tomorrow, so we better live for the day.
I am excited to see your tulips!
tear. what a kind man. i love that story! let me know how that book is..maybe i can read it over winter break :)
Great post. Very true. It was fun to see you the other night.
I hope I have a baby as cute as yours so complete strangers hand me money as I shop:)
I want to check out that book. Thanks for the post.
That is so true! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment