On Easter Sunday the primary presidency was asked to speak in sacrament. I am the secretary in the presidency. Once I found out I was going to be speaking I was thinking what I could say and also how I could get out of speaking. I thought we could go out of town for the weekend, either up to Bear Lake were my parents are, or down to Nephi were Tylers parents are. Well just my luck, my parents decided to come down instead. I was thinking of all of the excuses in the book. Well Saturday night I went to bed with a little jitters in my stomach thinking in less than 12 hours I will be standing up in front of alot of people doing what I am not good at, public speaking! At about 2:30 in the morning I woke up feeling nauseous and not feeling good. The rest of the night didn't go so hot. I woke up about 7:00 running to the bathroom throwing up and diahrea(Sorry, this may be a little graphic!!) After coming out of the bathroom I felt a little better so I showered and got something to eat. Bad idea because I started not feeling good again. By then Tyler was up because he had to go to an early morning meeting. He thought that I shouln't go to church and not speak in church. I thought to myself this is perfect, I can get out of speaking but then I also thought then they will ask me to speak again soon, and I don't want to have to go through writting another talk and having a week with jitters in my stomach. Well the lord blessed me because I went to church and gave my talk. I am so glad that it is over with. After sacrament I went home and pretty much did not get out of bed till the next morning. I think I got food poisioning. I wish there was a moral to this story, but there isn't. I hope I never have to go through this again!
(P.S. Sorry for all the improper grammer and spelling, I didn't major in English!!)
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
ks2ethKevin was almost in the same boat as you. He had to speak on sunday and was very nervous, but not sick. I sorry you were so sick. That sucks. I'm sure you did great. I was at work that day and got off at 1:20 and our church starts at 1, so i got there as fast as i could, showing up right before he spoke and i was in my scubs from work cause i didn't have time to change. It was great! Hope you are all better
I had no idea you were in primary. How did I miss that? I actually like speaking in church, well except for the actual speaking part. The preparing part is what I like.
Post a Comment