She then told the 5 boys the Christmas story.
I don't know what Kasen is laughing at in these two pictures but I think he looks cute!!
After that we had the boys open one present and I bet you could guess what was in those presents, yep you guessed it pajamas. We got the boys ready for bed. They were so excited for Santa Clause to come. After that we played a fun game. About 3-4 years ago, before Tylers grandma Smith passed away Tyler and I and Ty's sister-Makenzie and husband-Ryan were over at grandmas house visiting. She brought out some chocolate covered cherry candies, she said that we could have them because she wasn't going to eat them. Bless her heart but I don't know anyone who likes these candies. We may have had one or two courteous pieces to be nice. When we left, Tyler and I, Makenzie and Ryan were all fighting on who got to take these chocolate covered cherrys home with them. I don't remember who ended up with them first but over the 3-4years we keep passing them back to each other. Whether it be in the mail, birthday present, putting it in the other persons car when they aren't looking or giving back as a christmas present. These candies have been the joke of the family. Well on Christmas Eve I had a game for the adults to play. I took one candybar and wrapped it many different ways ex: put in a bag then wrapped layers and layers of twine around it, the next layer I put it in an oatmeal container and then I put it in a little travel bag and I safety pinned the zipper several times, then I put it in another plastic bag and wrapped layers and layers of duct tape, you get my point. There was two dice and who ever rolled doubles it was their turn to put on winter gloves and try to open the gift until the next person rolled doubles. Who ever opened the present got the candybar. This was hilarious!! I didn't know if Ryan would end up with the present so I got everyone a candybar. I said since everyone was such a good sport on playing this game everyone gets a prize. I gave everyone a candybar and Ryan got 3-4 year old chocolate covered cherries!! He He...
Christmas morning we got up about 7:00am to go see what Santa brought Kasen. The only thing that Kasen was interested in was his cousin Brayden's firetruck. After awhile Kasen opened some of his presents. He was so much fun to watch. I bet next year he will fully understand everything.
Kasen on his new sit & spin and dads sunglasses. Cool Dude!!
On Christmas afternoon we all got bundled up and went outside to play in the snow. We pulled the kids behind the 4x4 wheeler. There was also a big mound of snow from the snow plow that the kids went tubing on. Kasen loves the snow, but he really didn't like his big bulky winter boots he had to wear out in the snow. He eventually got used to them. It was so much fun!!
Gettin ready to go outside to go play in the snow.(If you look closely his snow pants won't zip up all the way becasue they are tooooo small.) This was his first time wearing them too. Note to self: Buy snow clothes a bit bigger than the size he is in.
The 5 boys haggin' out on the snow mound.
Uncle Shane helping Kasen go tubing down the snow mound. Hold on Kasen!!
Cousin Kolbe pulling cousin Brayden and Kasen in the sled.
Hold on Kasen!!
The day after Christmas we went up to a sledding mountain just East of I-15(I didn't get any pictures of this, I couldn't find my camera at the time). This was a blast. Kasen didn't like it as much, but I felt like a little kid again.
I can't believe that Christmas is over and done with! I am so grateful for this joyous season we get to spend time with our wild and crazy families. We had so much fun with our family and friends. We hope you had a fun and safe Christmas with your friends and families too!!





1 comment:
I love all the new posts and the cute pictures of Kasen. That is so fun he has so many boy cousins around his age. I've been thinking about you all week and hoping you are doing well. I am going to call you so we can catch up!
Post a Comment