A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to go on a trip with my mother, my sister-in-law and 11 other women back to Nauvoo, Carthage, Far West, Adam-on-Diomin, Independence and Liberty Jail. Nauvoo was having a womens conference, so that is what got us to plan this wonderful trip. We flew into Kansas, Kansas City and we drove up to Nauvoo which was about a 5-6 hour drive. It was a beautiful drive!! We spent 2 1/2 days in Nauvoo. At the womens conference, they had some awesome speakers, beautiful musical numbers, releif society organinzing reinactment, wonderful entertainment and yummy food. I felt the spirit so strongly!! I didn't want it to end.
During our free time we toured Nauvoo. It is so beautiful!! I loved everything about Nauvoo. You learn so much about how the saints lived and learn about what they went through. I know I wouln't have been able to do it!! We did a session in the Nauvoo temple. I far enjoyed this. The temple was beautiful. I loved the spiral stair case.
After we toured Nauvoo, we all hoped in the van; we had two vans, one was a normal size van, the other one was a 15 passanger van. We headed to Carthage Jail. The weather wasn't so good driving there, but we made it there safely. Thank goodness. I enjoyed Carthage.
After Carthage, we got on the road again and started our long treck back to Kansas, Kansas City. While heading back we stoped at Far West, and Adam-on-Diomin. There was snow on the ground when we were at Adam-on Diomin and you have to walk a little bit to get to the look out point. We weren't going to walk through the snow but then we all decided, a little snow isn't going to hurt us. I am glad I did. It was beautiful!! It was soooo cold, but the birds were out chirping. It was so peaceful.
After that we went to Indepence and Liberty Jail. I enjoyed both of these spots also.
I think my most favorite site was Nauvoo and Independence: I loved the visitors center at Independence.
This was on the airplane coming home. Can you tell where it is at? We flew right over my house and right over the Oquirrh Temple that is about to open soon!!
I had a great week away with just the girls. Tyler was with Kasen most of the time and my sister had him some of the time. When I came home he acted as if I hadn't even been gone.
Thank You mom and all the women I went with for such a GREAT trip. I will never forget it!!





6 comments:
Wow, what a neat trip. How lucky you are to get to go with just the ladies. I want to go there someday.
Last summer we stopped at the Liberty jail and saw the same Church in Independence. What a great experience you had.
I didn't even know you went. I bet you had so much fun. Nauvoo has lots of fun things to see and so much church history. I would love to go back there.
Yay! I've been waiting for this post! It looks like such a spiritual worthwhile trip! Thanks for the great haircut. You always do a great job.
What an amazing opportunity. The pictures are wonderful.
Post a Comment